Sunday, October 3, 2010

Profanity?

Levi's Recognizes 'All Asses Were Not Created Equal'

Levi's has always been a well-known brand that many people buy for the quality of fabrics and affordable prices. I've never purchased Levi's before but I know they fit well and cater to any body type. Their jeans can be found in almost any store and I think this advertisement is a reflection upon the body types the jeans fit--every body type. The only thing I don't like about this advertisement, though, is the fact that the word "asses" is used in the headline. Profanity does not persuade me to buy any product regardless of how well-known the brand may be. I think this will push more people away from Levi's because of their word choice. In some cases, though, some women may be more attracted to the brand and will buy more of it because they understand the frustration of buying the perfect fitting jeans. I don't think one advertisement will rapidly decrease selling rates but my advice is to be careful of what you put out there!

Photo courtesy of: www.psfk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment