Sunday, October 17, 2010

Does it help Smith?

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/emails/catalog/downloads/FALL_2010.pdf

This is a link to Urban Outfitters fall catalogue. All the photos were taken on the Smith College campus and around Northampton.

so you have to wonder is this photo shoot not only advertising Urban Outfitter' clothes, but also the town of Northampton and our school. I've heard that some people don't like that the photos are shot here on campus, but to me it seems like an advertisement for the school. As long as publicity isn't negative, it probably helps the image of smith. However if a store like Hollister or Abercrombie & Fitch advertised with photos at Smith, I think I would have a different opinion. That's my brand preference I suppose, even though I don't shop at these stores, I find one more appealing.

What do you all think? Do you think these advertisements using Smith's campus help or harm's Smith's image?

No comments:

Post a Comment