Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Putting Art in an Ad



Similar to the Walt Whitman commercial, this ad combines art with the selling of the product. I liked this ad at first, because it looked like it was part of a film project. I also looked into the background of this commercial, and it turns out that the explosions of the paint is real, and apparently, environmentally friendly. The cheeky clown cameo also makes this ad more enjoyable to watch, as you find out it is him who is involved with the paint explosions, which reminded me of a circus show, but this time, the clown is performing his craziest but grandest act. For me, it was definitely entertaining to watch. That is until, of course, when the "Sony Brazia TV" logo came at the end, which caused to me to question whether this commercial should still be considered "art".

Nevertheless, it's a creative commercial. I wonder how long it took them to clean up that paint.

Video courtesy of: youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GURvHJNmGrc)

No comments:

Post a Comment