Sunday, November 28, 2010

Kinect adventures ad 2010


During my thanksgiving break, I was catching up on some of my tv shows and came across this cool new technology, Kinect, from Xbox. Kinect is technology that uses the player's body as the "control". There are no remote controls like Wii to communicate with the TV, and instead the motions from your body is captured from a sensor. The commercial flashes to multiple players from different backgrounds to convey the message that the game or software is easily comprehendible and accessible. Also, the idea of us being the controller is appealing to people because it allows more power and freedom to the player. I know for myself, I was interested in Xbox Kinect after I had watched the commercial because it took gaming to a whole new level. The idea of not using a remote and being in control caught my attention. Does anyone else feel the same?

1 comment:

  1. Clearly my husband does. He got us one for xmas. I have misgivings about all this...but our family has had an unbelievably fun time playing xbox rock band together, and my kids are learning a lot about the history of rock while we do it. So maybe these together-time gaming consoles aren't all bad.

    (btw, if my kids weren't taking ACTUAL music lessons--cello and piano--I'd feel pretty differently about our rock band addiction)

    ReplyDelete