Saturday, November 27, 2010

Baby on the Road


During Thanksgiving break I found myself watching a bit more television than when I'm at Smith and this was the first advertisement I saw. I think this ad is adorable and hilarious from the baby's facial expressions to seeing him cruise down a busy road unscathed (thank God!) in his little walker. I could relate to the song in the ad from my childhood because my mom and I used to sing it together and I connected more to the ad. It took me a while, though, to understand what was going on in the ad because at first I thought the baby traveling was irrelevant to the marketing of the HP printer. Now I realize the baby is traveling from one house to another for the printed image to send wirelessly. Anyways, I think the concept is cute but not many people will understand what is occurring in the ad unless they watch it a couple times, which may benefit the marketing of the printers even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment