Monday, September 27, 2010

Stride

Photo Credit: adpulp.com via Google Images

The bright orange font and half-naked businessmen in this Stride gum advertisment immediately grabbed my attention. The idea of the men suggestively posing with fruit is enough to draw people to Stride through the ad’s humor, or repulse them. I find this ad hilarious because it appeals to my facetious sense of humor and is unlike any I have ever seen. I feel that Stride took a significant risk in using an image that could make many people uncomfortable in their “Spit it Out” campaign. The areas marked “YOUR GUM HERE” add another interesting marketing tactic that can lure consumers to inevitably keep shelling out for Stride.

1 comment:

  1. Like Kyle's choice above, this ad depends on the humor of the absurd. Lots of ads do this, now, as they struggle to get our attention. I sometimes think that this dulls our reaction to startling real-life abdurdity (for instance today's news that the owner of the Segway company was just killed in a freak Segway accident).

    ReplyDelete