Monday, September 27, 2010

Opulence



When I first saw this commercial I thought it was the funniest commercial ever; but after the second time I realized it was absurd. The man has dogs playing poker, eating gold grapes, has a gold remote, surrounded by woman, and has a mini giraffe and he still thinks that he needs more. He even admits to his lavishness but he doesn't seemed bothered by it. This commercial is sending the all to familiar message of if you get this product you too can live a life of luxury.

Video courtesy of youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB0ybC-jNDk)

1 comment:

  1. Why is this guy Russian, I wonder? What stereotypes do we have of wealthy Russians? (I'm assuming from his accent, of course...) Maybe they would really have liked to use, say, a wealthy Saudi gentleman, but feared to use a damaging stereotype?

    I would love to have a mini-giraffe of my own, though.

    ReplyDelete