Sunday, September 19, 2010

Advertising Awards

I was looking for information about audio ads on the internet (the kind that talk while a youtube video is playing) when I happened upon the Internet Advertising Competition (IAC):

http://www.iacaward.org/iac/default.asp

Judging is based on industry and on medium including: online ad, email message, interactive application, mobile application, and 'Ads That the Client Did Not Pick'. It is kind of strange how there is an award for the best junk emails and flashing banners, I wonder how much junk mail the IAC has to sift through to find the winners.

Here is the list for the 2010 'Best of Show' award:
http://www.iacaward.org/iac/winners.asp

I liked the winner of the 'Best of Show the client didn't pick award', I thought it was funny (in a creepy way). Which is yours?




1 comment:

  1. These are interesting partly for how dull most of them are, I think--except, yes, for the "client didn't pick" one. I'll bet the client didn't pick it because it makes fun of pedophilia (which, honestly, I don't think I've ever seen used in advertising in such an open way).

    It is interesting, though, how internet advertising hasn't really managed yet to capture the inventiveness of its medium. I wonder why.

    ReplyDelete